- My Page
- Mission Statement
- Guidance Class
- Grief and Children
- Talking to Kids About Trauma and Violence
- Suicide Prevention and Loss
- Emergency Hotlines
- For Counselors and Other Helpers
- For KIDS!!!
- Preventing Bullying
- Grandma Rose on Bullying
- Keeping Kids Safe!
- Career Exploration for Kids
- TEST PREPARATION!
- Sugar Creek Genealogy Project
- For Grown Ups
- College Go Week & College Planning!
- Have You Filled a Bucket Today?
- Alcohol, Tobbaco and other Drugs
- Personal Safety Program
- Social Media Safety Information
- Incarceration Affecting Children
- Kelso's Choice - Conflict Resolution
- Too Good For Violence & Too Good For Drugs
What is Guidance Class?
All students at Sugar Creek go to guidance class. Guidance class happens once a week typically (except during short weeks, ISTEP & D.A.R.E.). Guidance monthly list of topics by grade can be seen by using link on the right side of page.
Ms. Apple teaches guidance classes (except 5th grade D.A.R.E. lessons taught by Deputy Rice) and guidance lessons are based on the Indiana Guidance Competencies for Students developed by the Indiana Department of Eduction in 2015. To see the Indiana Guidance Competencies, see link to the right.
The Indiana School Counseling Competencies for Students cover three areas:
Specific curriculums and programs used or adapted in guidance by the North Montgomery Community School Corporation are:
Character Counts (Six Pillars of Character: trustworthy, responsibility, respect, fairness, caring and citizenship)
Too Good For Drugs
Too Good For Violence
Kids in the Know- Personal Safety (see my Guidance 'Personal Safety' Page for Specific Information Taught such as the 7 Safety Strategies)
Kelso's Choice- Conflict resolution
D.A.R.E. - Drug and Alcohol Resistance Education - Fifth grade only taught by Deputy Rice
** See links to the programs listed above on the right side of this web page
ext. 226, 251